Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

GET OUT FROM YOUR SHELL

          I can still remember pressure when I was asked of my favorite movie actor and why. It was part of the getting-to-know-each-other program in our school paper, The Sumulong Advocate. Well, I know that question was so simple yet, I find it hard to answer. So I answered plainly, "My favorite movie character was Jackie Chan. Because of his full-packed way of acting. He's get the humor, the drama, the action, everything." 

           I just graduated from high school and that marks the end for a new beginning. And now I've realized that my answer (from the question about my favorite actor) doesn't really satisfied me, that Chan's really not my favorite. I just get used to watch his films 'cause that's what our family used watch. It's about time to get out off my shell. Not because you get used to something doesn't mean you must depend on it to live. If we really want to savor the reality of life, we must explore in a broader world.

            Getting out from our shell is just like choosing your favorite movie actor over his movies. And that's what   I did while I'm in my senior years. I've tried a lot of new things. Went to different places, watched several movies, ate in a fine dining restaurant, met new friends, opened myself to the world! I may have my highs and lows, but God is great for He's always there to pull me up when I'm so down. Make me smile when I felt so down. 

         "Parting is such a sweet sorrow." So true, Shakespeare! Saying goodbye is never an easy thing especially if you get used to those people you're saying goodbye to. Goodbye's are temporal. It's naturally sad but that doesn't mean the end of the world. It's just a simple manifestation that "Hey, you're able to do it in high school! Time to get up to the next level!" Isn't that nice to hear? 

         Moving Forward really takes time. You have to let go of the things you've been used to see and do. The people, the environment that you used to live to. We have to learn that the world is not only spinning within us. We have to realize that things would never be the same again. IT'S OVER NOW. This ain't gonna be a sad ending if all we see are possibilities. People come and people go. Some will leave and some will  stuck through it all. That's life. We need to grow and somehow we there are new things, faces, and lessons we need to know.

        Walk with the MAN. Things would be so easy to take if we were walking with The Man. That Man is no other than JESUS. He is the only WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT that guides our path to growth and maturity to get out off our shells. With Him, all things are gonna be so smooth though there may be times of turbulence or chaos, He'll never, never leave us nor forsake us. We just have to love Him with all our heart, soul, and mind. Establishing a daily time with him would make us face every day a blessing, NOT a mess.



"If life were a movie, we are its' actors and God is our director. We have to play it right and make it a blockbuster in God's eyes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment